Accelerating Technology Start-ups
POLYU TECH LAUNCHPAD FUND (TLF) is a matching fund up to HK$1.5million each project, aiming to accelerate the growth of technology start-ups founded by PolyU members, with the funding source from Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) under Technology Start-up Support Scheme for Universities (TSSSU).
Disclaimer: The below summary is for QUICK VIEW ONLY, please refer to Application Guidelines and FAQ at Download Area for details.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
1. A team with at least 2 members in which at least one PolyU member (student / alumni / professor) acts as the Person-in-charge (PIC).
2. The PIC is required to take a key management position which usually should be evidence by
- 20% or more ownership; and
- Working on a full-time basis in the applying company.
3. If the team has already established a company, the company must be incorporated in HKSAR within 24 months upon 1 Feb 2020.
4. The company must be technology-oriented with R&D elements.
5. The team
- has graduated from / is currently in a qualified pre-incubation / incubation programme; OR
- is commercialising PolyU research technologies and at least one of the inventors shall be a team member or a shareholder of the applying company.
1. An Investment-Meetup-Gathering will be held to facilitate the applicants to pitch to interested investors; and
2. A maximum of HK$1.5 million grant with a matching ratio of at most one-to-one (1:1) for the investment raised by the Funded Start-up
Tel: +852 3400-2627 / 2703
(Information from https://www.polyu.edu.hk/ife/corp/tc/entrepreneurship_dev/polyu_tlf.php )